Announcement

Collapse

Encountered a problem with VBS3?

Hello and Welcome to the VBS2/VBS3 Forums Community!

We'd like to take a moment to remind you that if you are encountering a problem in VBS3 or have a question for BISIM, please check out our KnowledgeBase (with its ever-expanding collection of articles) and if you still can't find what you are looking for, you can enter a ticket (if support contract valid) through our Support Portal. Both are located at https://www.support.bisimulations.com

We ask that if you submit a support ticket that you include: VBS3 version, hasp .c2v file, any relevant configs or source files, and reproduction steps. This last on is very important for us to be able to provide you with a timely conclusion.

Additionally, we have some great DIY resources to be found here:

https://resources.bisimulations.com (excellent for scripting)
See more
See less

Sound not working for "say" scripting command - 3.9.2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound not working for "say" scripting command - 3.9.2

I have missions that utilize the "say" command for soldiers to speak. In version 3.7 it worked fine - the .ogg and associated .lip files were used, and when scripting a soldier to say the sounds, they would do so. I have installed 3.9.2, and this no longer works with the same missions. Is there a different way to do this now?

Hello Jeffrey,

I took a look at the 'say' command but did not encounter your issue. I would recommend taking a look at how your CfgSounds is set up. The script I used to test is the following.

Code:
    player say "m11v02";
    If you have any further issues, please email us at support@bisimulations.com and we can assist further.

Comment

Hi Ryan, thanks for the reply. I'm using the same script command, soldier1_1 say ["sound2",1,1]; I'm using a description.ext file for the CfgSounds setup. I'm attaching a txt file for that (sorry if the formatting is jacked up, it opens organized in Notepad++, but not in normal notepad). This setup works fine in 3.7 and below, so I am not sure what to do differently, assuming the config is the issue?
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X