Issues with New Forum Format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with New Forum Format?

If you are experiencing any issues with the new forum format, including but not limited to password requests, channel access or lost posts, please submit a Support Request ticket at https://support.bisimulations.com/new-ticket. We will get your accounts up and running as soon as possible.

Please be sure to include as many details as possible in the initial support request. Any issues you can bring to our attention is much appreciated... We want to ensure everyone has a great experience in our VBS community forums

Thanks for your patience!

Laura
    VBS2 and VBS3 Support
    Bohemia Interactive Simulations

[email protected]

DEAD LINKS EVERYWHERE. just searched for something...and I received many results. But within those topics, people are referring the person who post a question to a forums thread that doesn't exist anymore. Just now, over 80 percent of the related topic links in my search are dead. Is this not a priority anymore? I mean, if you switch to a new forums layout, would it not make sense to fix all the dead links? Could not a website scan tell you all the broken links? Why is this an issue, when these new forums have been up for many months now?

Comment

"The Purg"'s comment above is important for all of us.

In addition, for me anyways, in the old forum, I could search a topic, then, I could search within that set. I'm sure I'm not using the new forum search method correctly. Example of the old forum search: Search for doFire. Then within that 'set' of results that were returned, I could search for doTarget, then, within that set of returns I could ... Worked nice to be able to hunt for something.

Comment

I agree with Brian... I've had mixed results using search operators. "term1" AND "term2" seems to be inclusive, but "term1" NOT "term2" includes results containing "NOT"... at least I can "like" your comment.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

We'll be looking into the search operator with Vbulletin, and see how we can improve it (it's not something you really configure, it's off-the-shelf).

In regards to the broken links, this is because we've moved ALL downloads to this fancy downloads page: bisimulations.com/support/downloads.

Sorry for the confusion there!

Happy VBS'ing.

Laura
          VBS2 and VBS3 Support
          Bohemia Interactive Simulations

[email protected]

Comment

Hi Laura,

I think the broken links that people are referring to are forum links, not downloads.

Example here: https://forums.bisimulations.com/for...e-support-fp64

This post refers to this link: https://forums.bisimulations.com/vie...=24+bit#p29863 which is invalid due to the new forum link format.

Ideally there would be a way for the forum software to search all of these links and replace them with the new ones.

Thanks,
            Nathan

Comment

Working...
            X